Friday, July 2, 2010

Corn on the Cob

The other evening we had corn on the cob with our dinner.  Justin asked me if I thought Parker would eat it off the cob.  I answered no, we’d better cut it off the cob because otherwise he’d probably drop it to Maya after about 3.24 seconds. 

(Which, by the way, would have made Maya very, very happy because she LOVES corn on the cob).

Anyways, back to the story….

So we are eating dinner and Parker has a little red bowl with his corn off the cob in it which he ate very quickly (the kid loves corn).  When he is about done with his corn I give him some chicken, which he also eats.  At this time I am still nowhere done eating (since I am a slow eater) and Parker is getting a bit antsy-in-his-pantsy being stuck in his high chair.

So he starts to whine.  He wants down. 

I don’t want him to get down and I don’t want him to whine. 

I want him to sit quietly in his high chair with a smile on his cute face while I slowly finish my dinner.  When will I ever learn that I don’t get what I want?  When will I ever learn that my stubborn determination to get what I want probably won’t pay off?

Probably never to both of those questions.

Anyways, getting distracted again…

So to distract him I give him my corn on the cob thinking it will buy me about 3.24 seconds of peace. 

Which, by the way, I have taken a whole 2 bites of.

At this point I fully expected him to inspect the corn on the cob, get bored with it then throw it overboard.  But much to my surprise he didn’t inspect the cob then give to Maya.  He started eating it…

Then he ate it. 

Parker Corn on the Cob Close-Up

All.

Parker Corn on the Cob

With a BIG smile on his face!

I guess I win after all! 

No comments: